Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sustainable tourism

I've studied different things in my life, and I'm never really going to stop studying and learning, but I found something that truly has my heart and my all, that is sustainable tourism.

We all know tourism is people visiting one place and another, but do we really get into the culture when we travel? Do we help the local? Do we support the local?
That is what sustainable traveling means. It's to minimise our impact to the local ground, to build environmental and cultural awareness when we travel, provide direct benefits for the locals and for the conservation of the area, is to basically, enjoy your visit while really immersing yourself in the local life and culture and being aware that, thanks to you, they can make a living while showing you what is their lifestyle about.



I've decided to focus my tourism career into sustainability and really understanding how to work with all the political barriers, to make locals in different areas and tourism to understand the importance to work all together for a better land and better experiences for us all.

Being sustainable can also mean luxury, and that is the beauty of it, if locals learn the depth of client service and quality service, we can still offer a luxury accommodation, but at the same time, giving back to the local people and for them to have the benefits and be proud of what they've been able to achieve.

I think, to be able to get to that place, we've also have to teach travellers to know how to travel and to be aware of the land and everything that is in it; the people, the environment, the animals… to respect and to learn from it all, that is the best way to have a perfect trip and have the best and unique experiences.

I hope you all enjoy some photos I took through out my travels, I'll try and make individual posts for all the places I've visited :)

 











Lets make our steps enrich the places we visit and let them enrich us. 

Thank you all for reading :)

Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment