Saturday, January 24, 2015

What is it about portraits?

They bring me happiness.

Truly, there is this thing inside of you when you know you have THAT photo, and it's amazing.

My uncle was always around us with a camera, literally, ALWAYS! And I'd never paid much attention to it until I was around 8 or 9 when I told him I wanted to be a photographer. It was then when he bought me my first camera; Ricoh with 50mm lens.

When I was 17 years old, I really got into photography again, big time and I wanted to study it and become a great photographer, but never really truly knew what type of photography.

In my years of studying photography I was not inspired at all. The school's assignments were boring, not motivating and I didn't even want to pickup the camera sometimes. It was really sad.

After I finished my studies, I've been going back and forth; done some great work with a great Colombian photographer for The Brandery in Barcelona and for Cebado. And also done some things of my own, paid and not.

But what has always stayed with me and I've always loved, always enjoyed, are portraits.


I don't know how to express how good I feel when I see that photo and I get that feeling, because I know that moment and I was there. Do you all get it?

I know now my purpose with photography. I want to do what I've always said I wanted to do; "travel and photograph people". I don't care if I'm not getting paid for it, I'M ENJOYING IT and it brings me happiness and joy have all these faces that I know I've had the amazing opportunity of meeting and having them in from of my camera.

I'm a happy kid now :)





Peace and love,

IRIS




1 comment:

  1. Be whatever you want to be but don't forget to be happy. You're an amazing person.Grande!!

    ReplyDelete